Elecard
September 21, 2014, 10:08:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCR spacing  (Read 10409 times)
karsten

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2006, 04:55:49 pm »

I downloaded the Mux trial and tried to convert an H.264 (x.264) coded file (mp4) into a TS. The TS got generated with PAT/PMT video and audio. VLC goes out of sync after some time. The PCR spacing of the streams jumps between 66 and 110 msecs and my TS analyser cannot lock to the PCR.
Is this timing inaccuracy a known issue ?

Thanks,

Karsten
Vovs
Elecard Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:02:33 am »

Hi Karsten,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Unfortunately it is unknown issue and I can't suggest you anything right now or solving that because our tests show perfect PCR spacing and jitter (certainly using padding feature).

Could you tell a bit more about this issue? Can you send us the small peice of stream (mp4) for test? What Xmuxer's settings you use? What tools for measuring PCR rate you use?

Regards!
karsten

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 03:11:00 am »

I have emailed the analysis (output) of the TS analyzer (Acterna). PCR jitter is perfect, PCR spacing varies from 20 msecs to 120 msecs and a lock cannot be achieved. IN DVB PCR spacing should be less than 40 msecs (ATSC 100 msecs) and not vary too much.

Regards,

Karsten
Vovs
Elecard Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:30:04 pm »

Thanks a lot for the information. It seems like you're using an old version of the multiplexer. Actually, the latest release offers perfect PCR spacing. This new version (060602) allows you to set required PCR rate in the properties of the multiplexer or using XMuxer Pro. To download  the latest version please follow this link: http://www.elecard.com/products/products-pc/consumer/xmuxer-pro/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: