Our FAQ about differences between the Studio and the Studio Pro versions refers mostly to the difference between Elecard StreamEye & Elecard StreamEye Pro which are parts of the corresponding Studio set. Major differences between StreamEye (tool#1) and StreamEye Pro (tool#2) applications:
- Tool #1 will always implement functionally which it currently offers; updates for tool #1 will be merely bug fixes. Tool #2 will evolve to comprise both updates & upgrades, i.e. besides bug fixing tool #2 implements new features and modules.
- Tool #1 does not perform video data metric calculations. Tool#2 allows calculating EPSNR via estimating video quality without a source stream.
- In contrast to tool#1, tool #2 integrates the following modules:
- Buffer Analyzer which allows visualizing a VBV chart for a current stream i.e. allows revealing overflow and underflow errors of the encoder’s buffer.
- Raw data module which allows uploading source/raw data for comparing with the encoded stream and calculating PSNR metrics.
- Coefficients Info which shows different macroblock coefficients.
- Histogram window shows YUV component histograms for the selected frame.
- Hex Viewer window shows the opened file content in binary, hexadecimal and ASCII modes.
- Zoom window shows video frame on a large scale (32:1). The window allows visualization of a macroblock grid and YUV pixel value.
- Tool #2 offers feature of thumbnail preview which means that on the main window where you can navigate between columns specifying the sequence of I, P, B frames, under each column the corresponding picture (in small size) is displayed
- Both tool #1 & tool #2 support scalable video coding (SVC) which is the extension of H.264/AVC. However in to basic SVC support tool#2 also allows displaying levels corresponding resolution/bitrates as well as switching between represented levels.