What's new in Elecard CodecWorks Encoder v 4.7
September 17, 2020Features 4 117 views
Improvements and new features to both Windows and Linux versions:
- support for SRT protocol in caller/listener mode is added;
- the server redundancy system is improved. Now the redundancy is configured on a single server and further deployed to the group of backup servers automatically;
- automatic configuration update of encoded streams on redundancy servers within predefined time interval is implemented;
- fault-toletant architecture is updated which made the software more stable;
- SPTS/MPTS multiplexing system is updated to ensure consistent bitrate for output channels;
- folder selection for log files recording is added;
- EIT/SDT/NIT/TDT table pass through, including those incoming from a separate source, is implemented. Now the stream is multiplexed along with EPG data;
- processing of SMPTE-TT teletext and OP42/47 VANC of SDI area is implemented;
- minor bugs are fixed.
New features in CodecWorks for Linux (CentOS 7.4-7.8):
- the script for automatic driver installation for Intel GPU is implemented;
- SNMP alerts are added;
- packetizing and broadcasting via MPEG-DASH is implemented;
- the CBG mechanism is implemented;
- the internal system of responses to changes in input stream characteristics is improved. The basic response scenarios are as follows:
- color Bar Generation initiates or custom screen is shown if the main source becomes unavailable or other specified criteria are met;
- switching to redundancy source if the main source becomes unavailable or other specified criteria are met
- encoding schema is rebuilt if the input stream characteristics change.
- the mechanism for stream source redundancy is revised. Now there is an option to switch back to a main source or keep using a redundant source when the main source is restored;
- distributed transcoding is implemented. Now the Linux version supports HEVC 4K transcoding on high density servers.
Contact us to schedule online demonstration of live encoder features and settings.