How to activate floating license
The following license control modules are delivered under Elecard FLC license:
- Elecard FLC Analyzer;
- Elecard FLC Manager.
How to activate:
There are two ways to activate FLC license:
1. Activation of FLC license using HASP Key. Note, that this type of activation allows to further use the same HASP Key at several different PCs.
2. Activation of FLC license using HW ID. Note, that this type of activation allows to activate FLC only at one specific PC.
Activation of FLC license using the dongle (HASP Key):
1. Insert the dongle and install Elecard FLC Manager:
- Check the "install HASP drivers" checkbox during installation. A red light on the dongle will glow if the drivers are installed correctly.
- If the drivers are not installed correctly, please run "hasp_hl.bat" from "\Program Files (x86)\Elecard\Elecard FLC Manager\" as administrator to install them manually.
2. Run Elecard FLC Manager (it should be minimized to the system tray) and check the server status displays "Connected" and "Product limit" matches the number of the designated user connections;
- If the server status displays "NOT connected", check if the FLC server is started: Administration - Services - Elecard FLC Server;
- The "Product limit" status "0" means the FLC Server doesn't see the HASP key. It can be due to the following reasons: the drivers are not installed correctly or the dongle is not inserted.
3. Install and run Elecard StreamEye FLC;
4. Go to "File -Options - Floating", fill in the required server’s IP address and the port number assigned to FLC manager (the port number can be changed using Elecard FLC Manager);
- If the status displays "Connected", you can start using StreamEye;
- "Server not found" means the application cannot connect to the FLC Server. Make sure the firewall is off and the IP address is set correctly, and please do not hesitate to contact us for help.
Activation of FLC license using HW ID
1. Run Elecard FLC Manager installation. After the installation is completed, the FLC manager will be available at a system tray;
2. Please check if FLC manager status is displayed as "Connected"” and if "Product limit" value matches correctly with the number of the purchased connections;
3. If FLC manager status is displayed as “NOT connected", please check if it has been started:
“Administration - Services - Elecard FLC Server”;
4. "Product limit" status is "0" means that HW key number used to lock a FLC manger does not match a real HW key number of this machine;
5. Install and run Elecard product you purchased under FLC license;
6. Go to: "File - Options - Floating", fill in the required IP address and port number
assigned to FLC manager (the port number can be changed using the Elecard FLC Manager). "Connect" will tell you the state;
7. The status is displayed as "Connected", it means you can start working with the application in a full mode;
8. "Server not found" means that the application can't connect to the FLC Server. Make sure the firewall is off and the IP address is set correctly.
1. We recommend restarting the machine after FLC Manager is installed;
2. You need to run all installations with administrative privileges;
3. If you face any issues, please save the logs and send them to Elecard technical support department (Elecard FLC Manager - Options - Server log file).