Elecard
August 29, 2014, 08:05:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NwRenderer - Problem with Protocols (RTP over TCP)  (Read 7103 times)
sandicz

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2012, 08:09:51 am »

Hello,

at first I want to thank Elecard for their great support (via email and forum), but unfortunately I couldn't find an answer to my problem in your forum so I started a new topic.

I have a question concerning the usage of the protocols to be set in NwRenderer. I spend a lot of time in testing and optimizing the network transfer of my Audio (H.264) and Video (AAC) stream via Elecard components, but there are still some problems with the protocol:

I wanted to use RTP over TCP as this seemed to be perfect for my peer-to-peer network stream, but I had problems with some errors in many video frames and some gaps in audio playback. Today I found out that NwSource shows an fast increasing number of packet losts (even when connecting server and client via loopback network on the same machine) and that this problem is responsible for my errors on audio/video playback.
Now I tried to use the TCP protocol and it works perfectly... No errors, no paket losts, etc.  Huh

I also had problems with UDP and RTP as the announcements are received with a long delay in NwSource and playback doesn't work fine.

The Question: Why does the RTP over TCP protocol doesn't work for me or are there some known issues with it?

Graphs:

Thanks, Stefan

P.S: If you need additional information please ask.
IvanR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:29:54 am »

Hello Stefan,

Please send the list of components' versions to our tech support service.
Our address is tsup@elecard.com
I am not sure about RTP over TCP, because it is not quite standard, but anyway UDP modes should work OK.

Ivan
sandicz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:14:15 am »

Yes, everything works fine for me now. It was just a problem with the firewall which wasn't blocking but reduced the throughput dramatically... This caused the many errors in the video stream.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: