Elecard
September 16, 2014, 11:30:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Elecard AVC WMP Streming PlugIn under Win7 via RemoteAccess  (Read 6366 times)
tronic2

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 01:53:33 am »

Hello Elecard Team.

It's been a long time since I wrote some words in the forum but now I am back Smiley...

I have a question regarding the AVC WMP Streaming Plugin via RemoteDesktopProtocol (RemoteAccess for Windows) because I have issues with this setup. I installed the PlugIn and opened an RTP Stream (elecard://x.x.x.x:Port/rtp) with WMP 12 under Windows 7 Ultimate. Everthing works fine and as expected. The stream is an H.264 video.

But there are problems with the same procedure when I try to open an RTP Stream with WMP12 via Remotesession. Then, WMP will crash.
Alternatively, I tried the first procedure (open an stream on the terminal itself) and then connect to the Win7 pc via RDP. The video is still running.

Thus, it seems that the Elecard plugin has some issues when it will be started in an Remotesession.

Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

btw: I tested it with 2 different machines. It has every time the same behaviour.

best regards, tronic
Emil_ES

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 10:18:15 am »

Hello Elecard Team.

It's been a long time since I wrote some words in the forum but now I am back Smiley...

I have a question regarding the AVC WMP Streaming Plugin via RemoteDesktopProtocol (RemoteAccess for Windows) because I have issues with this setup. I installed the PlugIn and opened an RTP Stream (elecard://x.x.x.x:Port/rtp) with WMP 12 under Windows 7 Ultimate. Everthing works fine and as expected. The stream is an H.264 video.

But there are problems with the same procedure when I try to open an RTP Stream with WMP12 via Remotesession. Then, WMP will crash.
Alternatively, I tried the first procedure (open an stream on the terminal itself) and then connect to the Win7 pc via RDP. The video is still running.

Thus, it seems that the Elecard plugin has some issues when it will be started in an Remotesession.

Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

btw: I tested it with 2 different machines. It has every time the same behaviour.

best regards, tronic

We can recommend you to login as an administrator and in the event viewer find the reason of such behaviour of Windows Media Player. In case there is a report regarding Elecard Components, feel free to contact us at tsup@elecard.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: