Elecard
November 27, 2014, 07:11:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aspect ratio with Elecard MPEG Push Demultiplexer with rotated screen.  (Read 3519 times)
oneview

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2008, 04:38:03 am »

Our application runs on a touchscreen panel PC which is mounted upside down, and therefore the desktop is rotated 180 degrees.
When we play a stream in WMP on an unrotated desktop, the aspect ratio of the widescreen video is normal.
If we play it on a desktop that has been rotated, the aspect ratio of the widescreen video is ignored and it streches to fill the screen.

I have ran graphs with graphedit.
One with a local TS file, one with the TS file output via VLC as a UDP stream.
The local file keeps the correct aspect ratio while the streamed file doesn't.

From the graph I can see that in the MPEG2 video decoder filter properties that the difference between local and streamed is that Deinterlace is Auto for local and VMR for streamed.
Once i change the streamed Deinterlace value to Auto, the stream's aspect ratio is restored.
If I close graphedit and open again, and render the URl of the stream the filter settings is VMR again, with stretched video.
I have used FilterConfigurator, the values are set at Auto.
Please see attached JPEGs for example.

Is there a setting in the Push Demuxer that can be changed to give the same behaviour as the Demuxer?

ABov

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 10:05:27 pm »

Is there a setting in the Push Demuxer that can be changed
The reason of such behaviour is not PushDemultiplexer.
You need  just to open the 'enwsplus.xml' file in '\Components' folder of  'Elecard IPTV Player' and set the parameter for 'Deinterlace' mode in <filter FilterID="6"> parameters scope to '4' (which means 'auto'). It will force the Elecard Mpeg2 Video Decoder to be configured with that value when the streaming schema is built.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:17:51 pm by ABov » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: