Elecard
September 18, 2014, 09:42:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Registration doesn't work  (Read 11183 times)
tetla

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 05:16:33 am »

I am a new user  I installed Elecard Mpeg Decoder package run the registrator put in my serial number. In the registrator it says that its activated but when I use the decoder it only works in evaluation mode also it only displays the video on the first monitor when I wish to use it in full screen on my TV (secondary monitor) screen is blank. This shouldn't happen to legitimate users is there a solution to fix this? Sad
jacobjust

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:49:33 am »

I also have same problem. Just bought the decoder, and typed the serial.

The registrator says it is activated but the decoder itself says its in evaluation.

Not good service....

How to make this work ?

Sad
jacobjust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:51:33 am »

The registrator says it is activated but the decoder itself says its in evaluation.

Not good service....

How to make this work ?

Sad
tetla

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 12:58:05 pm »

Quote from: "jacobjust"

Not good service....

How to make this work ?

Sad

Well I do not know what's going on I am glad that I am not the only person with this problem. I've recieved a reply from technical support but the instruction they gave are useless to me I am not running Windows Vista. I am using Windows XP which is running in administrative mode. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the product but still I am experiencing the same problem in the registrator it says that components are activated but when I use them they only run in evaluation mode and I paid for this bullshit this is unacceptable. I understand that the company is trying to protect their product but they should use a protection that actually works not something that cripples the product completely even to the legitimate users who paid for the codec and it should be well tested before it is released! :x
OlgaM
Elecard Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 12:42:59 am »

We are in progress to solve this problem.
As soon as this problem will be fixed we will inform you.

As for full screen mode, this problem is more problem of renderer then decoder, but we are in progress to fix these problem.
tlen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 03:24:56 am »

I've exactly the same problem as i've posted here

http://www.elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2261

With some applications, the logo isn't shown, with other applications the logo is shown no matter what.
tetla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:14:29 pm »

Quote from: "tlen"
I've exactly the same problem as i've posted here

http://www.elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2261

With some applications, the logo isn't shown, with other applications the logo is shown no matter what.

Well I just received reply from technical support that the decoder is only intended for Windows Media Player that I have to contact sales department and pay extra to make it work in other applications as well. Myself I prefer to use Inmatrix ZoomPlayer for all my media playback.

Now I am really confused because I bought this product under the believe that I could use it with various other DirectShow based players such as ZoomPlayer.  The advertising on the Mpeg2 decoder web page states this "Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder and Streaming PlugIn for WMP* (and for other DirectShow based products)" which has led me to believe that I could use it in ZoomPlayer now I am being told that is not the case and that I'd have to pay extra in which case the advertising is clearly misleading.

I don't really mind paying the difference if its not excessive but I also feel that Elecard should have made this clear on the decoder webpage.
tlen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:32:52 pm »

What??
Are you kiddin aren't you?
I've bought the decoder becuase it states EXPLICITY

And For Other Directshow Based Products, that includes ZoomPlayer, MPC, ProgDVB, MyTheater..... a directshow application i just compile now.... and not for sure to use it only for the lame WMP.

I've done an image just in case they decide to trick at the last minute.

Now, or the elecard tech fixes this ridiculous and FRAUDLY issue, or i want my money back and i can garantee that the picture above and this story will travel.

Thanks
tetla

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 02:05:33 am »

What??
I've bought the decoder becuase it states EXPLICITY

And For Other Directshow Based Products, that includes ZoomPlayer, MPC, ProgDVB, MyTheater..... a directshow application i just compile now.... and not for sure to use it only for the lame WMP.

I've done an image just in case they decide to trick at the last minute.

Now, or the elecard tech fixes this ridiculous and FRAUDLY issue, or i want my money back and i can garantee that the picture above and this story will travel.

Thanks

No I am not kidding I contacted technical support about this issue and this  is the excerpt from the latest e-mail I received from them. You can interpret this any way you wish but yes I have to agree with you their advertising if this is the case is indeed dishonest and misleading.

"Please answer one more my question. Do you have logo when you play mpeg files via WMP or you use our decoder in other applications?

I should mention, that our  Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder&Streaming Plug-in for WMP 3.5 are activating only for WMP, if you want to activate it for other applications, please, contact our sale department."

Indeed I would love somebody from Elecard to get involved in this thread and explain this, I do feel like I've been had.

I also want to mention that if they indeed are licensing the MPE2 decoder separately for each player (that’s how it came across from the technical support e-mail I received) that is the dumbest idea if I’ve ever heard one. There are many free playback directshow filters that do way more for nothing and if I would have known that I wouldn’t buy the product from Elecard in the first place. Sad
tetla

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 01:41:15 pm »

What??

Thanks

Received an e-mail from tech support the activation problem has been fixed. Download the latest decoder pack and it should work in other players. It works in Zoom Player I already tried it.

I appreciate fast response to address this issue by Elecard.

Thanks
tlen

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:10:53 am »

I can confirm that the codec in the fixed version works correctly with MyTheater and FFDshow with no registration problem.

That's how a serious company works.
OlgaM
Elecard Team

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 11:56:57 am »

I can confirm that the codec in the fixed version works correctly with MyTheater and FFDshow with no registration problem.

That's how a serious company works.
If you had such problem please contact our technical support directly via email tsup@elecard.ru
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: