Elecard
September 18, 2014, 07:43:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Subtitles (Closed caption) support  (Read 16697 times)
enoch
« on: June 04, 2006, 12:32:21 am »

[I would like to be able to see closed captions, which are not the same as subtitles.  After I record a DVD from a TV broadcast from a TV station, I would like to be able to play it back on the computer DVD.  As broadcast from a Spanish-speaking station, those programs have closed captions on 2 closed caption channels:  CC 1 = Spanish captions, CC 3 = English captions.  On a good TV set, one can choose either CC 1 or CC 3.   With 2 TV sets hooked to a VCR or a DVD recorder, one can set each TV set to a different caption channel, and thus side-by-side see the Spanish captions on one set and the English captions on the other set.

Having recorded a Spanish speaking TV program on DVD, I have not been able to get PowerDVD to show any captions on playback.  Real Player will show only one of the possible captions, I believe it shows CC 1 only.

I am looking for a program that will enable me to choose which caption channel to display, and hopefully a program that would display both captions on one screen at the same time.   This is for language learning.

What are the broadcast TV caption capabilities of Elecard?

Thanks, Ted in Dallas[/b]
posdnya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 05:27:36 am »

We do not support 2 CC channels, and to be honest even didn't know about the problem.
We may provide a solution as a custom development, please, contact sales@elecard.net.ru.
drumz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 02:18:23 pm »

Hello,

I'm glad your DVD player supports closed captions embedded in the extended user data of the MPEG file. This is an extremely useful feature. However it displays both CC lines simultaneously so that if captions are present on both lines the on-screen text looks jumbled because the characters are roughly alternated.

Is there any way to select CC1 or CC2 from Field 1 or CC3 or CC4 from Field 2?

The player can see these lines and displays them so there is some level of support already built in. I just need to be able to have control over which line is displayed.

Thanks in advance!
Kostya

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:37 pm »

At present this feature is not realized. Probably it will appear in one of following versions.

est Regards,
Konstantin
www.elecard.com
ckovamees

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:13:11 am »

Is this (selecting Field 1 or 2) addressed in the latests AVC Decoders?
OlgaM
Elecard Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:40 am »

WE do not support this yet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: